Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Best way to post to blogger.com

I am constantly frustrated by trying to paste code and html examples from web pages or my own code to my blog. I have given up on blogger.com's editor. It totally munges the code and html. It appears that it has recently improved so that C# code now retains its formatting, or maybe that was the new blog this on the Google toolbar (I can't remember). However xml or html still is not escaped and is thus not at all useful. So, what to do when need to blog about code, html, or xml? I have tried Outlook to send email to my blog and have it automatically posted to my blog. That works pretty well, except Outlook has an annoying issue where it treats my new lines as two new lines or worse 4 new lines. I have seen that even when sending email to other email users. It seems like a bug in Outlook. If anyone knows what is causing this, please let me know. I do know I can get around by doing a soft return (alt or shift enter) in Outlook. Needless to say, none of these options work all the time it appears. The best I have seen is Hotmail web interface. It keeps the formatting of code, html, and xml from what I can tell. Thunderbird does ok, but doesn't copy/paste color of syntax highlighting (I think Hotmail will). Sorry, so many I can't remembers in this blog. I just am too tired tonight to care, but don't want to forget my general experience of Hotmail web interface being the best yet.

No comments: